If you are looking for methods to improve your living space, a wine fridge can be what you need. In such cases, a wine fridge for your dining room, bar, or cellar can be a good investment. In most cases, you can purchase a wine fridge online by making a google search, ‘buy wine fridge’ and have it delivered directly to your home from various websites. Furthermore, the type of fridge you buy will significantly impact how long your wine refrigerator will endure. Therefore, you should consider the brand, style, and whether you want a built-in or freestanding wine fridge when looking to buy a wine fridge. Before making a purchase, you may read online customer reviews to learn more about a company’s products and services to gain reliable insight into each wine fridge brand.
How Does A Wine Fridge Cool Wine?
A wine fridge is a type of refrigerator used to keep wine and other alcoholic beverages chilled. Wine fridges function similarly to standard refrigerators. However, they maintain your wines and champagnes at a warmer temperature than a standard refrigerator’s cold compress. There are also single-zone and dual-zone wine fridges, with the former having only one storage compartment and the other having two red and white wine storage sections. Furthermore, temperature zone fridges may also enable you to organise your wine storage by each unique type of wine. Moreover, wine fridges can also quickly chill your wine to the perfect serving temperature, so you have one available at all times.
Benefits of A Wine Fridge Over A Standard Fridge
A wine fridge over a standard kitchen fridge is the best appliance for keeping wines at the right humidity and temperature. Wine fridges are designed to keep wines cold, preserving their flavour and fragrance. Wine fridges are made to maintain wine at the appropriate humidity level for storage, between 50% and 70%. This humidity also prevents mould from growing and wine corks from shrinking. On the other hand, standard fridges are dry when cold and not suited to hold wine. Unlike wine fridges, which keep a constant temperature, standard fridges fluctuate in temperature. The fact that standard refrigerators are regularly open throughout the day is one of the main reasons behind this.
10 Essential Tips For Buying A Wine Fridge (Factors To Consider)
If you buy a wine fridge, there will be a few basic wine storage tips and factors you should consider before clicking on ‘buy’.
- A stable temperature is essential for your wine’s preservation, especially in maintaining its flavours and scents.
- A humidity level between 60% and 70% is crucial to help keep your wine from evaporating and moulding while keeping the bottle’s cork from drying.
- You should determine the storage capacity required to store your wine collection.
- Choose between a single zone or a dual zone wine cooler, depending on whether you drink red or white wine more often.
- Determine whether a thermoelectric or compressor wine cooler will run more efficiently to help you save on your power bill.
- Avoid light exposure from UV rays on your wine bottles to maintain the steady maturation of your wine collection.
- Keep your wine cooler in a vibration-free space to avoid sediment formation and other chemical reactions.
- Determine whether you want to store other beverages in your wine coolers, such as water and cocktail mixers.
- When installing a wine cooler, choose a flat ground space with enough ventilation.
- Consider all the future maintenance costs that come after buying a wine cooler.