Even those that live in a safe area may be targets of burglaries and home invasion. According to TheZebra.com, 2.5 million burglaries occur in the U.S. each day.
Here are some other alarming statistics:
- Homes that have no security systems are 300% more likely to be burglarized. Here are some other statistics:
- 46.9% of homes do not have security systems
- 83% of burglars check a home for security systems before they break-in
- 34% of burglars use the front door
When Do Most Burglaries Occur?
It may be surprising, but most home burglaries occur between the daylight hours of 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Burglars often watch homes and determine when the homeowner is leaving and coming home from work. Over 1,495,790 burglaries occur during the day, which is a whopping 6%.
Other facts about burglaries from Alarms.com include:
- There are 1,324,090 burglaries at night when people are in their homes.
- Cold weather and snowy weather deter burglaries. In cold climates, the fewest number of burglaries happen in February and the most happening in the summer months.
Why Do People Get Home Security Products?
In a study conducted by Safety.com, only 38% of Americans have home security products installed in their home. Here are some other top reasons why people purchase home security products:
- Wanted to feel more secure in their home (peace-of-mind)
- Living in a new area
- In response to an unsuccessfully attempted break-in
- Experienced a home break-in
- Many neighbors have them
- They are a deterrent to burglars
- Required to receive an insurance discount
The study, which had over 3,000 respondents, showed that most people installed alarm systems for added home security and not because of a personal event.
Increased Interest in Home Protection Products:
Every year we hear more about “porch pirates,” people that steal delivered items off strangers’ porches before they are collected. It is especially gaining in popularity around the holiday season.
With the COVID-19 pandemic, people have made lifestyle changes to increase their safety. That is why more people have been adding security systems, photo and video capabilities that show who is at their door before they are allowed in.
Choosing a Security Company:
Each area has its own local businesses that you can contact. Denver Security Systems is one company that specializes in custom alarm and security systems to meet clients’ particular needs. Before deciding on a security firm, review different companies; check-out their website to make sure that they can provide everything required.
It appears that your web host has disabled all functions for handling remote pages and as a result the BackLinks software will not function on your web page. Please contact your web host for more information.